Sunday, April 02, 2006

Grading Results from New Mexico


















Now that everybody is home nursing their wounds, here are the results:
Glen "Rock" Benedict received his 2nd Kyu
Michael Sheetz received his 4th Kyu
Kelly Lynch, although he but forth a good effort, did not receive his 3rd Kyu. Due to a medical condition he could not continue with the grading. Once he gets sorted out we'll try it again. Kelly showed great spirit on the mat up to the point where he had to bow out.
After a brutal hour on the mat, I received my 1rst Dan. It was an honor to just be considered for a Dan grading let alone actually receive it. Thanks to all who helped me in the process of getting there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

congatulations to all

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Henry Ellis said...

Congratulations Bill, Shodan is a big step.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Bill! Heard your news from Sensei Emel's wife when I picked up my furniture. Still thinking about Aikido now and then but I'm not done with my "project" for the time being. ;-)
One of these days I'll go back and get my 1st kyu. One step at a time.

Mike McConnell
2nd kyu
Alamogordo, NM

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home