Sunday, January 22, 2006

The recent passing of Sensei Ralph Reynolds



Sensei Reynolds died on Friday 20th of January 2006
We are deeply sorry to inform the visitors to British Aikido of the sad death and passing of Sensei Ralph Reynolds, one of Britain's most well known and respected Aikidoka.
Both Henry Ellis and Derek Eastman along with the students of the Ellis Schools of Traditional Aikido UK and USA wish to extend their sadness and condolences to Ms Jayne Phelps and the family and students of Sensei Reynolds and the Aikido Fellowship GB.
Sensei Reynolds was a direct student of the legendary Budo master Kenshiro Abbe Sensei from the 1950's. He was the first person to introduce Aikido to the Midlands. He trained at the Hut dojo in those very early years maintaining an everlasting friendship with the few pioneers from the great and wonderful inception of British Aikido.
Sensei Ralph Reynolds will be sadly missed by us all.

Sensei Henry Ellis - Sensei Derek Eastman

3 Comments:

Blogger megangonzo4356 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Al said...

I remember meeting Sensei Reynolds at the Abbe Seminar. He appeared to me to be in excellent health and spirits and welcomed me and my student Chad Hatcher warmly at the event. I extend my condolences to Ms Jayne Phelps and all the students of the Aikido Fellowship of Great Britain.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

While I never had the honor to meet Sensei Reynolds. I have heard nothing but good things about him. He will be sorely missed my blessings to his family and friends.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home